July 05, 2013

Aqua-tastic Bar Stools?

I've been trying to decide what to do with my Ikea Bosse  stools that I managed to score in the "as-is" section for $15 each.  I've stained them a dark chocolate brown, but to be honest, I'm not even done them!  They still all need at least two more coats PLUS poly!  But I got so tired of the project dragging on forever that I put them back in the kitchen until I made a solid decision.  I've tossed around the idea of painting them but I'm afraid to commit to that much colour in my kitchen.  My original inspiration was this image featuring the same stools in a vibrant red/orange:
Image found at: theinspiredroom.net
I've thought of a bright cherry red, but that seemed like too much.  Aqua?  Still too much.  The stools are quite large, after all, and with four of them they take up a good bit of visual space, especially against the solid white of our kitchen peninsula. 

Now don't ask me why, but for some reason this image showing up in my newsfeed this morning just made my decision for me:
Image found at: nowathomemom.com


 No, they're not going yellow.  I have NO clue why this pic was the tipping point, but the stools are getting painted regardless.  The plan will be to paint the bases aqua, leaving the tops as espresso wood.  Between the dark tops and stainless steel rungs, HOPEFULLY they won't be TOO aqua (hah! As if there could be too much aqua!)

The nice thing is that I should be able to remove the tops and spray paint the legs, saving myself a TON of time (staining all the different sides and bits took me FOREVER.)

I'll keep you posted to how it turns out!
In case you're wondering, here's how they look today:

No comments:

Post a Comment