July 06, 2013

Product Review: Resolve Crystal White

When my overwhelming cheapness confronts my white shirt fixation, bad things happen.  Bridges fall down.  People lose their sight.  Cars spontaneously combust.  Basically it`s a conflict that I just don`t even bother denying anymore.  I've accepted that after less than six months the majority of white shirts I buy will be good for nothing more than workout shirts.  And only "at home" workout shirts at that.  So I try to buy fewer white shirts, I TRY to keep them crisp and pretty and blue/white, but to no avail. Dingy, gnarly and blegh. So I was stoked to read ecstatic reviews of Resolve Crystal White.  This was to be my "whites" salvation. 
 Seriously, I have a white shirt obsession.  My Pinterest rats me out everytime.
All image sources can be found here: Leah's Style Pinboard

Well, I followed the instructions to a T.  In my load I had items that just needed spot removal (stains that I assumed were "set", not just something easy.), sort of dingy whites, and ts with the dreaded gnarly underarms.  As a spot treatment it worked pretty well; little old stains came out and the mascara smeared all over my pillowcase (classy, I know) was totally gone. In terms of brightening up the whites, honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference, which was major bummer since this was one of the benefits that I've never found in another detergent either.  But what actually sold me on this product was it's effectiveness on the underarm area.  I've tried EVERYTHING to get those stains out.  All the old wives' tales on the internet (damn you, Pinterest!  You have failed me!) everything detergents and stain remover, but nothing has EVER worked.  Suprisingly, this stuff REALLY did.  It's not TOTALLY gone, but there's a solid 90% improvement!  I'm thinking that if this was used regularly as a specialized stain remover for that purpose you could easily save your whites!

In short, if you're the kind of person willing to shell out for specialized cleaners, this certainly does it's one job (perspiration stain remover) very well.  Otherwise, it's just a decent detergent with an extravagant price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment